PMD Pro 1
PMD Pro1 Qualification
The PMD Pro1 is the first of the Project Management in Development Professional Certification. Contextualized for the international development sector, the PMD Pro1 includes content that provides the successful participants with sufficient project management knowledge to work as an informed member of a project team in the sector. The PMD Pro1 qualification is also a pre-requisite for the PMD Pro2 qualification.
The PMD Pro1 is intended for an audience that includes:
- Project Managers and team members who are new to project management;
- Project Managers and team members who are new to the development sector;
- Development sector professionals who intend to pursue professional credentials in project management;
- Consultants/contract staff operating in the development sector.
High Level Performance Definition of a Successful PMD Pro1 Candidate
They will know and understand the content of the Guide to the PMD Pro. Specifically they will:
- Understand the context and content of projects in the development sector
- Know the principles, phases and disciplines of project management in the development sector context.
- Understand the relationship between principles, phases and disciplines within the development sector context.
- Understand the importance of adapting the PMD Pro to the context of the project
For a detailed list of Learning Outcomes for participants in the PMD Pro1 training go to the PMD Pro Syllabus.